View Single Post
      01-19-2020, 02:46 PM   #18
YMS
Y Motorsport
Rep
Drives: M4 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
I think the proposition you are making is very compelling to some. Maybe not a huge market because many more M3/4 owners are more interested in street usage and aesthetics than mostly track use than, say, GT3 owners. But you will have a target market - especially if you can build a demo unit that proves your claims.

I'm not sure what "for the cost of an M4GTS" means, though. If you're talking about current price on the used market, that sounds like a helluva deal. If original msrp of $134k, well...less so.
Thank you for your input. Yes, we are targeting a niche market. $134,000 is an extremely cheap starting price for any track car. A M4 GT4 costs over $200,000. On top of that, our car is still designed to go the street and will perform at a higher level than a GT4. Please follow our GTS build as it is the car that we doing most our testing on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELROTM3 View Post
To clarify, at $135,000 base price, is this project based on the cost of a used M4 or a used M4 GTS as the donor car?
The project would be based on a used M4. There is no point of using a new car or a M4 GTS as we are stripping away of replacing the majority of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadM4 View Post
Subscribed I’ll have to stop by when you are setup and check it out I’m interested
Feel free to stop by anytime!

Last edited by YMS; 01-19-2020 at 02:55 PM..
Appreciate 2
The_Werm214.00
clee1982797.50