01-18-2021, 11:05 AM   #2097
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
United_States
Rep
Drives: Trek Domane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg44 View Post
I don't know how you asserted that I came to that conclusion, when the point I was trying to make was that I'm not sure BMW cares if the G8x forum is dead when there are many newer/trendier and more effective ways to market the new M3/4 than on a car forum. In no way did I even hint at only forum members disliking the new car. But that also doesn't mean that the new M3/4 was marketed to forum members/die hard M fans as the main consumer. The urban motion sickness inducing and social media influencer green wheel drop videos are pretty damn obvious of that in my opinion.
I think what he's saying is it's not working like you are asserting it is just bc they are going the social media route. If anything, it's revealed how out of touch they are with the middle age population that actually can afford to buy their cars. I doubt very few 20 something's can afford a G8X unless mommy or daddy pays for it. BMW has erred here by alienating existing clients in reaching for the wrong demographic. The old business adage is it is almost always eaiser and cheaper to retain existing clients than it is to go out and find and convert new ones.
Appreciate 4
stein_325i25083.00
ntg442888.50
FormulaMMM3662.50