View Single Post
      10-07-2013, 11:57 PM   #102
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinla335d View Post
I think of it this way: As mean and awesome as the N/A M's are, this will eat them all. ESPECIALLY when tuned- holy moly.

For me, average income Joe, it is difficult to get an E90 M3 into the 500+crank HP range. With the next S55, that won't be the case at all and that is worth celebrating. But I've been in love with turbo cars since the golden age of japanese TT 6's (300z, 3000GT VR4 and Supra Turbo). I auto-x'd DSM's in the late 90's and they weighed more than this F80 M3 is going to weigh.

If some are mourning for now, that's cool. Weep with those who are weeping, but inside I am elated. Can't wait to see these on the road.
I'm not really that excited over the power bump in itself. I've driven several S63TU cars on and off the track and there is no way I would swap the S65 for the S63TU even if it has way more power. 414 hp is plenty on the road and the S65 is just a so much more exciting engine. However, my hope lies in that the overall package of the F8X will be equally or maybe even more exciting with a fresher more modern feel. It's nice with something a bit different after a few years but I think most of us S65 owners will need quite some time to adjust to the loss of this engine and the stellar package the E9X M3 is. What excites me most about the F8X is how it looks on the track. It looks agile and fast. The rest will hopefully be a pleasant surprise.

Last edited by solstice; 10-08-2013 at 12:02 AM..
Appreciate 0