Thread: Car Transport
View Single Post
      06-17-2020, 10:21 AM   #21
11LMBiSTT
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A to B.

Yeah, I am familiar with CD and having multiple listings for same job is not to your advantage. I ended up getting no hits on CD at $1.1k for enclosed from East to West coast and went with RunBuggy for a slight bit more, but still the lowest price for enclosed. RunBuggy was a pleasure to deal with, especially Moe. Highly recommend them, if you need a car transported make sure to shoot Moe an email for a quote, let him know Tai referred you. MoeH@RunBuggy.com
Car was picked up within 2 days from order being placed and delivered within 5 days of pick-up and delivered flawlessly as promised. I am a happy camper and the process and communication was so easy with RunBuggy.

But, great info you shared for those that don't know how the wild wild west of car transporting works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence1 View Post
If you have it on Central Dispatch and not getting any hits after it's been up for several days, it's because you're not offering enough money or your broker has bad reviews, or you're in a remote area that is out of the way of major transport routes (i.e. you'll need to pay more). Make sure your car isn't listed twice on CD, by different brokers, as no one will want to pick it up.

Rates are low right now so you should be able to get a good deal but if you're offering less than 40cents/mile, it's probably going to take a while. I hear that dealers have started buying cars again also, so volume is picking back up.

Montway and all the other brokers will do the same thing ... quote you a higher price then put it on Central Dispatch and assign it to a carrier for as little as possible. They get to pocket the difference.

Last edited by 11LMBiSTT; 06-17-2020 at 10:54 AM..
Appreciate 1
omgf80207.00