View Single Post
      11-03-2020, 10:25 AM   #87
PKL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4, 2022 X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
Holy crap! They left the new bumpstop inside the spring (duh!!!). The only reason I can think of is because the stop is packaged inside the spring when you get the part kit and open it up. The factory bump is kinda glued to the top damper mount, but that's no reason to leave it there. Somebody did an oops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightarmor View Post
What has me most baffled is if they didn't replace the rears then did they replace the fronts? Because if they would have replaced the fronts then they know where the rears are supposed to be installed and they're not...
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankzlin79 View Post
PKL: your car looks like the perfect height. It might very well be set to the lowest setting, but if you are using the factory bump stops, then it's not as low as it can go.

Look at photos of my fronts, which is at lowest setting possible and uses the new bump stops they comes with the MPHAS.
Guys, yes, I thank this forum for your help!!
The mechanic left the two rear oem bump stops in the spring.... geez
One good thing about overpaying for this install at the dealer is they took the car in asap and made it right. I have a really good relationship with my CA / dealer.
Anyway, got 4 perfect photos of the whole assembly while the wheel is off, and everything looks exactly right now.
Attached Images