View Single Post
      03-23-2021, 09:28 AM   #20
marauder1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw F80 CZP, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hC1001 View Post
I went with purple powerflex in the front and rear because it was easier to install. If you go with OEM, i think its possible to press it into the subframe using a threaded rod If you move around the diff a little bit for room.

I actually didnt have any common symptoms associated with a bad rear diff bushing. Only noticed it because it was torn. The new PF bushings feel good. Similar or slightly better to how the car feels new. You can go with the PF black series if you want stiffer.

Just make sure you give slack to the brake lines, ebrake cable, subframe ground cable, etc... when lowering the subframe. My biggest goals were to replace it without removing the rear axles or driveshaft from the diff.

Its strange that the TIS repair instructions dont mention anything about that driverside front diff bolt. I couldnt get to it using the extended repair subframe bolts because the fuel tank is in the way.
Where do you get the extended subframe repair bolts? I assume they significantly longer(hence the name) so you can lower the frame with it still connected to the car?

How'd you remove the bushings? I heard BMW have a diff bushing removal tool, just haven't found it that says it fits the F80.
Did you unbolt the driveshaft?
Appreciate 0