View Single Post
      01-20-2016, 04:08 PM   #61
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Quote:
Originally Posted by O3DigitalBath View Post
I think it should be noted that a number of other companies offer custom setups (Moton, BC Racing...etc). Also that while they both may offer custom spec'd stuff the MCS and Ohlins products couldn't be more opposite from each other (monotube vs twintube).
Thanks for your input. I hope you find this thread useful.

When starting this thread, I was careful to choose what information I was going to display. Sure, there are people who are absolute suspension geeks (like me). But there are also people just looking for a list of what's out there. If I don't choose which info to display, the list could turn into an exhaustive post of information.

In regards to putting up information that is specific to each kit, I've tried to just address what I thought would be common inquires (also information that is easy for me to find). I figure that if a person needs/wants more information from that point on, they can do their own research from there.

More often than not, the people who would like to know about monotube vs twintube would also like to know individual spring rates, piston travel, piston thickness, viscosity performance, inverted shocks, 2-way adjustable, 3-way adjustable, true coilover over rears, camber plates, what kind of joints, bearings, thrust sheets, perch on body or preloaded... the list goes on and on. These are most likely the people that would do the research on their own anyways. As much as I'd love to know every detail of each kit, I can't do all the research myself to post.

Some members have been kind enough to post replies with more specific information. I've also tried to link each kit to a thread that discusses that very kit in more detail.

So for the sake of simplicity, I'm just going to keep the OP as a "list" with a little bit of information.
Appreciate 0