05-23-2013, 07:19 PM   #128
eMvy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers

Quote:
Originally Posted by car7 View Post
It was 3 sentences. Americans shouldn't complain about the move from a 8-cyl to a 6, because bmw never was about v8s. The s65 is a very nice sounding engine. But it is way to slow and way to inefficient. You could always buy a camaro, because there is no point in whining about something that's gonna happen regardless if you like the s65. The next m4 is gonna make the m3 look outdated in every way.
  • We aren't concerned about the move from a V8 to an I6. We are concerned about retaining the characteristics that make an M special.
  • Yes, the S65 is a "nice" sounding engine, but if you think we're in love with it simply for that reason
  • "it [S65] is way to slow" - I'm not even sure what to say
  • "The next m4 is gonna make the m3 look outdated in every way" - I absolutely agree from a statistical standpoint, but we all know it's not the singular recipe that makes an M really special. Just look at the M5 feedback.

Lastly, "bmw never was about v8s". Not sure where to go here, but keep in mind the first M3 had an I4. If you think BMW isn't capable of deviating from an I6, take a look at the M70
Appreciate 0