View Single Post
      01-15-2016, 06:34 AM   #82
BRBM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3waze View Post
Some might call me crazy but I am seriously considering trading my 2015 m4 for a low Mileage E92. I've owned my M4 for over a year now and I find myself missing my M3 more and more each month. I know many E9x owners complained about lack of torque but IMO it forced you to drive the car.

Any E9x charged owner ever encounter a F8x? If so, what was the outcome?

Anyone think I'm crazy for thinking this?

Things I miss about my old E92
- The noise
- Steering feel
- Steering feedback
- Motor has more character than the s55

Here's a few pics of my m4 and old e92
You ain't crazy. You had 'em both, and I'm guessing as daily drivers. Damn smart in my book. And as a future owner (with any luck), I'm on record as someone that will follow your lead.........first choice: low mileage/later model E9_.

At better example might be this. I've no interest in the current C63 or C63S models. Yes, they're an upgrade and more refined in many ways and could I drive one? Sure. But their not as special feeling as the original 6.2 V8 powered models in my view. Often accused of being too rough around the edges, likes to go Sid3waze too much, etc. (Ah, you like that!?) Not the case. Those comments are way overblown in that regard after driving one for almost 5 years. Little things like feeling a gentle vibration through the gas pedal reminding of the beast within is sorely lacking in the new models.

I want me a frickin' E-90-whatever, too. 'Cause as you know, in addition to the positives you noted, that downsized 4.0 V8 comes directly from the M5's V10, which won - if I'm not mistaken - International Performance Engine of the Year three years in a row. (2004-2006) Same engine, two cylinders chopped off.

So, lastly, haven't read thru the whole thread, but I'm pulling for you to find a good one and make that move, Sid3waze. (Do it-do it-do it-do it!!!!!!!!! Hell yeah.)
Appreciate 1