View Single Post
      05-17-2021, 03:51 PM   #7437
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Thanks fellas. I opted to stick with the base trim. One thing I've noticed is the small leather details really appeal to me, so I've added the leather wrapped steering column and the leather wrapped area by the rear view mirror (..with the matching Chalk deviated stitching like the doors and seats). I figure since I'm going to keep this car, I might as well build it in a way that's going to keep me satisfied over the long term.
So I thought about adding that leather wrapped steering column and asked my dealer and a good friend (who actually helps his local dealer order cars) about it -they both laughed at me. "You will never see it". They were correct - you don't see/notice the steering column on this car. Save your money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterZgo View Post
Speaking of small leather options... don't forget the passengers side cup holder. That thing comes in plastic stock, but for $390 you can get "passenger cupholder trim in leather." I left it off my build b/c I didn't notice it at all in any of the 992s I test drove and checked out.
Unless full leather adds this, I have yet to notice that mine is any different. Once again, I think it is one of those things that people should not get. I'd go take a picture of my car, except I drove the M3 to work today - rumor has it it might be my last day to do that.

Short story, these little things add $$$ and are not noticed by anyone - unless you point out "and look at my cup holder! It's leather!" Then people are like "ok dude, if that makes you feel better"
Appreciate 2
minn1914037.50
alex23642873.50