View Single Post
      03-28-2016, 08:11 AM   #314
JoeFromPA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 AW M3 6MT Stripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcLusso View Post
You say it as if your part actually works. Stop pretending you guys didn't fuck over all the members of this forum that bought this part and now have a ticking time bomb in their motor. The failure numbers are through the rough. I'd bet you guys sold like 50-100 of these at best and we have at least 10 failures plus all the people that have been silenced. I've heard stories of at least 2-3 other cars where things were pushed under the rug lets say....
JcLusso - As a member of this community, I have to thank you for assembling this thread and putting together information for others.

At the same time, your tone and your originally posted facebook commentary has been nothing but inflammatory towards TPG. First you claimed there was no crank hub issue (in your own posted facebook thread), now you are claiming TPG's crank hub has had at least 10 failures. Where? And alluding to "other unnamed failures" is distractionary.

I've read of I think 4-5 failures and they took their product off the market. I think two of those were Sameet's.

The forum members who bought it did so at risk and at their own discretion. Where is their responsibility for buying a major engine component without having any independent confirmation there is an issue, that the TPG part was thoroughly tested, and that it greatly reduced their risk? No offense to such members, but they jumped at a vendor marketing their own product without such independent testing.

Please, keep up the good service and tone down the rhetoric and personal attacks. Solid, evidence-backed statements are what is going to continue us moving forward.