Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 992 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
FormulaMMM covered it quite well.

Having driven multiple AWD systems, Audi, Subaru, BMW, two of those felt like real AWD systems while the third felt like a RWD system masquerading as an AWD system. Personally, they might be what you're looking for though.

Me, if I'm going to deal with the weight of an AWD system, I want it to act like an AWD system.
Ok so to be clear FormulaMMM basically outlined why the BMW system gives the owner a superior set of options and experiences, especially for those with a sporting tendency, and you've gone back to the subjective "if that's what you are looking for..."

I'm fine with your response, I just to want to be clear you started by saying, "Quattro is better than xDrive." and are now saying you like the way it drives better.

Totally fine, just two different sentences.

Personally I like my AWD to give me a little tail wiggle when I hit the gas hard mid corner or corner exit as the rear breaks traction a tad and the front grabs hard. I like that feeling. But I'd be the first to say I find Audi Quattro superb, balanced, and more invisible and given equal tires I'd feel great in Audi, BMW, or Subaru in any wintry conditions. With Subaru being the least technically advanced of those, but their classic 50/50 AWD being frigging amazing.
Having raced a few Subarus and gotten to drive some Audis hard, I found them to be more similar than different. Both were very predictable. The BMW was the outlier. Again, seems different philosophies for AWD.

Being used to a Subaru/Audi type, I consider those the benchmark. It's what I grew up with.
Appreciate 0