08-18-2015, 03:57 PM   #19
Donger Kim
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: MY16 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminTee View Post
Hello - This is my first post here, wanted to share some interesting information I received during my recent lease end inspection for my 2013 M3.

I have the lease protection plan from BMW so I wasn't too concerned with the results of the inspection although I wanted to learn more about the process since this is my first lease and I just ordered a 2016 and plan to lease again.

Overall I found that the lease protection is not as valuable as one might think. My rear tires are just about bald (20k miles on them) and because they are not run flat I would only be charged $200/tire by BMW when turning in. The front bumper has bad undercarriage damage the inspector said it wasn't an issue as it was normal wear and tear (I would NEVER buy a car in this kind of condition). He told me if the bumper was literally cracked in half and falling off the most I would be charged is $400! He said this goes for any panel on the car.

The long and short of it all is I paid $1100 (as I recall) for a product that saved me $400 - not a good deal IMO. Even if all of my tires were toast it wouldn't be a good deal since the excess wear charge is much cheaper! I think you would also pay interest on this product because it's added back into the cap cost... stupid mistake on my part.

Food for thought for those considering the coverage, I for one will not be purchasing this again.
thanks for sharing,

Do you by any chance know what % of tire tread BMW will allow to be returned at zero cost? I thought tires + what ever damages would make this easy deal, but come to think about it, if I had a door ding, noticable damage to wheels etc, my OCD self would rather get it fixed (assuming im not near the end of my lease). It seems to only make sense If i were to not change tires, not drive/park carefully and not get a single thing fixed until the end of the lease. It would be too good to be true if they could fix things along the way...
Appreciate 0