Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
Predictable response - as if the F8x is some sort of straight-line monster.

It's a matter of choice - but to not consider it is foolish.
Track, straight line, roll race, whatever metric you use the m3/4 is going to lose to a far cheaper zl1

The "prestige" comes from paying tens of thousands more for less performance (how much is a M4 CS cost, or even the base with the options boxes all ticked?)

The other dude talking about the "stigma" of driving a zl1 in Texas, I get nothing but positive feedback at gas stations, parking lots etc. Certainly far more than in my humble bmw.

Since I still own one other bmw I guess it's ok to post here about all options
I'm that "dude." I get compliments all the time. My point was that the people I get attention from are usually rednecks or gang bangers. Not my people, considering the former hung my people a couple decades ago.

The stigma comes in other respects, such as in social circles, work relationships etc. In my line of work, people are judgmental as hell. But they pay me the money that allows me to afford these cars, so I am sensitive to their whims. Just my experience. Doesn't mean it's everyone's. I agree that these cars are literally awesome performance cars, but it's hard to daily one in my experience.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0