View Single Post
      12-26-2013, 07:21 AM   #91
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
the E92 comp pack was well worth the price though.

the ZCP rims IMO look pretty nice. i wouldn't even want to change them. the ZCP rims were also wider than the other 19s. which made it great for a upgraded tire. the lower ride was also cool. that price alone matched or was cheaper than after market rims. you get rims + more

IMO the e92 comp package was a well worth it for what you are paying and what you get. BUT i wouldn't call it a comp package. i think thats what threw people off. To me its more of a appearance package.

the M5 comp package was more focus on performance, but if you ask the rims are very underwhelming. but again this time its not as much about the appearance
Yea but the E9x ZCP was not a deal breaker if your didn't have one. Don't get me wrong, I love the rims (had them on myself), but everything else was OK at best.

You can buy used ZCP rims, get springs for pretty cheap and get someone to code Euro MDM. Is it easier to just get ZCP from factory, absolutely. But my budget and color choice meant I was stuck with an 08.

Like I said though, if it's E9x style ZCP, then it's not a deal breaker. If it's M5/6 style where the changes are in the guts of the car, then that's a deal breaker for me. So many journalists were saying how ZCP is how the M5/6 should have come from factory, whereas E9x they were saying the difference was not big.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0