View Single Post
      08-12-2019, 05:45 PM   #534
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kief View Post
I found the standard brake regeneration perfectly fine when I test drove it last week. I have mdct in both my X5M and M3CS, so it didn't seem unnatural to me. Appreciate the other tips.
My #1 tip is to hammer the throttle whenever you can, take it on whatever fun roads you take your other cars, and try out the driver assist features in the left or middle lane of some limited access freeways with clear lane markings and no “left exits”

There’s a lot of noise on the net about these cars, and I personally felt a lot of apprehension leaving behind monster roll racing power, engine sounds and gear shifting. Everyone I personally know with a model 3 (especially Perfomance) has been happy with it. A good friend replaced a 700hp e63 wagon and doesn’t really miss it, and my modded 996 turbo doesn’t get much use at all these days because model 3P is so fun on public roads (and I personally don’t like going 110+mph outside of the track and risking felony speeding)

Btw, if you can do a track day in the loaner, might as well! I had a lot of fun taking mine to Sonoma.
Appreciate 2
Kief4432.50
clee1982797.50