View Single Post
      08-14-2019, 08:06 AM   #540
6spdTanzM4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Tanzanite Blue 6spd

I test drove the Model 3 Performance last night and this was the first time I've ever driven or even ridden in a Tesla. The price was now low enough where it got me pretty intrigued.

I went in with these preconceived notions: Sure it'll be really fast but how fast really (vs my stage 1 BM3 M4?), fit and finish probably not there, quality probably a downgrade from M4's full leather, tolerances sloppy, ipad-on-the-dash tech probably cool but meh, design meh (boring sedan-ish), etc.

In reality I was blown away. We all were giggling like school girls when we floored it. It completely blows away the M4 in acceleration and I could not believe how fast it felt even vs. nearly 500whp with the stage 1. The fit, finish, and quality was of European car caliber. Everything felt very solid and substantial (was trying to shake the center iPad and it would not move). Almost every interior piece is soft-touch or the vegan leather (steering wheel is real leather). The tech speaks for itself and the center console and software were fun and easy to use. The sound system is actually much better than the M4 Harmon Kardon system also.

The seats were a bit strange and a little like others have mentioned, you sit "on" them and not "in". They're also too soft for my liking and I couldn't actually get confortable, but I think we're also spoiled with our M seats. They do have full adjustability plus lumbar though. Also you feel like you're sitting much higher due to less of an "in the cockpit" position of the M, plus the short hood and no dash gauges (gained visibility though).

I'm not any kind of Tesla fanboy now but can say that I was very very impressed overall and would consider buying one in the future. It did totally change my attitude towards the company and what they've been able to do.

Last edited by 6spdTanzM4; 08-14-2019 at 08:13 AM..
Appreciate 5
clee1982797.50
ZCD1204.00
N55Msport185.50
IS350117.00