05-30-2021, 09:14 AM   #6
WarMachineM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by irunalot View Post
I went from MP-HAS to Bilstein B16D to MCS 3 ways in 5 months. They are all different and it all comes down to what you want and what you expect. I plan on writing post on why I moved through all of these suspensions and how they differ when I have a free moment this weekend.

What's your past experience with suspensions and what did you like and not like about each. Your intended purpose and experience plays a factor here. What are your thoughts on how the stock suspension feels? Both daily driving and spirited driving ?

Whoa. I'd be glad to read your experience. I'm looking for comfort for DD, and have it sporty when for spirited driving and maybe the track (haven't been to the track, but plan on going one day). I thought about Bilstein's, but I hate hitting pot holes with the ZCP wheels on stock suspension, especially on sport/ plus. Some say coilovers are good for the long term, while springs can cause wear sooner on the OEM springs, but I don't know about that. I feel MP HAS offer an oem solution to that and engineered it to mate with the sotck suspension, especially the ZCP. They both seem to offer similar experience, except that the Bilstein's are able to be pushed harder, but I really don't know, maybe the MP HAS can offer that same performance on the track, even being HAS. What are your thoughts on that? B16 with damptronic is about $1,000 more, but is it worth it? Thanks. Also, I've always had stock suspension on all my cars.
Appreciate 0