View Single Post
      07-10-2014, 12:09 PM   #12
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc05e46m3 View Post
lol. Stock +E50 mix was more powerful than the 625 kit across the boards.

Lets forget about meth for a moment and consider that an FBO M4 on E50 (and not just an alpha tune) will probably yield at least 550whp/600wtq, and I'm being generously low here. VT2-625 is roughly 530/350..and the F8x has more area under the curve as well.

Edit: F8x doesn't even need to touch meth.
The most power we have seen the S55 make with tuning on E50 fuel is 539 whp using STD corrections on a dynojet unless I missed it. Sure downpipes might free up a little more but the stock turbos on the S55 are done after 5-6K with high boost which tells me that if you want to push it much further you will need a turbo upgrade. The biggest issue I see with high HP on the F series M3/M4 when its not on the dyno is traction. Most high HP turbo cars are AWD for a reason. The S65 has such impressive top end power along with balanced power delivery when supercharged it makes for a really fast platform. It won't deliver that low end punch like a turbo but wind it out over 6k RPM's and it becomes supercar fast.

For fun if you used the same correction we have seen the highest HP N55 dyno using "STD" a VT2-625 supercharged S65 put down 608 whp SAE on pump gas "70 whp more". This kind of kills your "more powerful than the 625 kit across the boards" theory. There is no doubt that the S55 will make alot more tq and power at lower RPM's but in a race the only power curve that matters for the S65 is what's happening from 7K +. Supercharged E9X M3's have beaten and run with alot of cars that have more power "under the curve" in head to head races over the years like tuned GTR's as you can see in the attached video. This is why im looking forward to how the M3/M4 will do head to head now that I have seen it's dynos.

Last edited by sales@ESSTuning; 07-10-2014 at 05:06 PM..
Appreciate 1