View Single Post
      04-02-2020, 03:56 PM   #5
suspenceful
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3, 2008 135i, 2009 335i

The M3 got it's first modification! I couldn't stand the wheel gap these cars have from the factory, especially in the front. So I combed through forums and Facebook groups to find what my best option was for lowering the car.

My goal: eliminate wheel gap and retain comfortable ride quality without spending thousands of dollars.

I narrowed it down to Emmanuele Design lowering springs. I could go on and on about why I bought these lowering springs instead of others, or even coilovers. But I don't want to clutter up my build thread, so I wrote a dedicated blog post about them. The Best Lowering Springs for BMW F8X: EMD Auto Review.

Brief summary:
  • Ride quality remains the same or better than stock.
  • Compatible with both standard and adaptive suspension.
  • Engineered specifically for stock shocks to avoid premature failure.
  • Perfect stance, lowering the front 1.3″ and the rear 0.3 – 0.9″.
  • Linear spring rate, similar to stock springs.
  • Made in the USA.
  • Affordable at $300-350!
I got around to installing them a few days ago. The process was way easier than I thought... so easy that most of you could do it at home! I took photos and video of the whole process and created a comprehensive installation guide. The guide is too long to post here, but I shared it on my F80 blog. If you want to lower your F8X and save money by doing this job yourself, check it out: How To Install Lowering Springs in Your BMW F80 M3 or F82 M4.

Wrapped it up with a proper 4-wheel alignment.

Before - front:

After - front:

Before - rear:

After - rear:

I'm still new around here, but have lots of followers from the E9X platform. I love the F8X platform and can't wait to share more content like this with you guys! Let me know what you think 😎

Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Follow me on Instagram
🏁 Shop BMW merchandise: bimmerstreet.com
Appreciate 2