///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake_Late View Post
Respectfully, with regards to any 'verts' -

I believe they must have extra roll over protection inside of the seats ...
(a different seat altogether in a sense...) vs a roofed car. The inherent inverted strength differences between the two chassis must differ being with roof / no roof.
Head and Rollover safety concerns etc.
BMW rollover protection has nothing to do with the seats themselves. As in previous 3 series convertibles (and others), I believe that the rollover protection is twin pop-up steel roll bars that are located behind the rear seats. I searched extensively and I can't find anything that specifically refers to the M4 Convertible rollover protection, but this is how it's been done in the past. It's probably mentioned in the Owner's Manual for the M4 Convertible, but since Owner's Manuals are no longer available on BMW USA, a convertible owner will have to chime in to confirm this.

And rigidity in a convertible is generally to prevent "cowl shake" because there is no roof to strengthen the area from side to side. It would be like the difference between an open box and a box with a lid. This generally results in a strengthened A pillar and windshield surround which benefits both the rigidity of the body and in case of a rollover.

Appreciate 1
Brake_Late1937.50