4everkidd
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 AY M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobEM4 View Post
Hi all, I said I would update after I'd honed the rotors - one week late but better late than never ;-)

So, there were still heavy pad deposits on the rear face that obviously I couldn't see till I had removed the rotors. Honed the rotors using a "Flex-hone for rotors" which I imported to the UK from the US. Fitted Ferodo DS1.11 pads, carried out bedding in procedure and then tested : absolutely ZERO brake judder.

I will be driving with DSC off for the next month and then I'm over to the Nürburgring for a few days to test them on track. Assuming all is good still (and I don't crash the car lol), I'll check the rotors, change back to road pads and then drive around with DSC on for 1k miles or so. If the judder then returns, I'll be speaking with BMW.

I've uploaded 2 pics before and 2 pics after using the flex-hone.

For those of you that are still experiencing judder, I suggest you try the DSC off testing; just be careful! Would be interested to hear your experiences of trying this.
Did you use the Flex-hone for rotors Medium grit or Fine grit?
I used the fine and it didn't do the trick for me.

I'm going to give it another shot and may actually hit my brake pads with sandpaper as well
Appreciate 0