Rep
Drives: '15 MW F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4h2o View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F80_Greg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd20 View Post
So your telling me I can just put full E85 in my car now under (Stage 2 91) tune and it will work? Very interesting. Im sure the tuners wont be too happy about this
No, you most definitely should not be running a higher ethanol content in your fuel tank on a 91 tune other than the standard amount of e10-15 that is already in pump gas. The car will not run correctly and it will be dangerous for your engine as the dme will think you have full e85 in the tank. Tuning wise, timing, spark, and fuel trims are completely different between pump gas and full ethanol tunes. You would need to find a custom tuner like Cary Jordan, Paul Johnson, or many other popular tuners on this platform so they can make a custom tune for your specific setup.
With all due respect i think your wrong.. the whole point of the FF with the sensor is to switch to e85 no matter what percentage of ethanol amd back to pump gas without flashing.
You are correct. That is the whole point of the "flex fuel" OTS maps but you need a ECA (ethanol content analyzer) like the zeitronix eca2 canbus and a ff sensor to read the fuel/e ratio.