Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd20 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtygrid View Post
Doesn't the flex fuel functionality of the CustomROM account for that? It can compensate from 0 to 100% ethanol apparently
Thats what I was saying

I already have full e85 tune for my car. This would be useful when you switch to 91 every 5k miles because since the car is still going to have some e85 in there but the flex fuel will be able to adjust accordingly to this right?
With the new ots multimap if you don't want to get the flex fuel hardware for your car to automatically make adjustments it's my understanding that you can manually put in your ethanol percentage in the new Live Adjustments tab and it forces the car to compensate for whatever ethanol percentage you plug in. If I had to guess though the E85 flex fuel tune is probably pretty watered down since it is an ots tune after all. If I had to guess it might make 550 whp at most.

Edit: take what I say with a grain of salt though. I'm not PTF so that may not be how it works exactly
You can do the override E% without an ethanol sensor, but the % resets when you restart your car (Homer- DOH!). Keep your laptop handy!