View Single Post
      12-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #187
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

I regret to report that, after communicating via private message with ASAP, he has chosen not to honor the bet. I will not be disclosing any direct quotes from our correspondence since it was a private conversation. However, I can relate that the general sentiment from him is that this is too debatable to call. This, despite the clear fact that the bet was for 7501+ RPM and the official number is 7600 RPM. Additionally, he is claiming a difference between the notions of "redline" and "rev limiter". This, even those his exact words as found in post 156 included neither of those terms but were instead, "3.0L S55 Motor revving to...".

Now, I will say that I am not surprised by this outcome given conclusions drawn from our past interactions on the forum. However, it does sadden me a bit because I think it sends the wrong message about our community and only serves to reinforce the negative stereotypes that already befall us as BMW owners. What is perhaps most unbelievable about this situation, though, is that the proceeds were modest and were intended for a charity. Throw in the fact that it is the holiday season and you really end up at a loss for words to describe the decision making process at play here.

Which brings me to my point. I thought that perhaps we could reverse this situation and instead come together as a forum and take up a collection that we could then donate together to a worth cause in the forum's name. I am in for $50, naturally. Is there any interest from other members?
Appreciate 0