View Single Post
      04-30-2021, 11:20 AM   #28
Jlove
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 & E46 M3's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ck1720 View Post
It's finally here! Car came this morning.

I did have it checked out by my local indie mechanic and he said the car is super clean, no issues he can see mechanically. It drives great. This is the 3rd or 4th M3 I drove since I started shopping and is by far in the best condition (mostly 2015-2016s with 30-35k miles, all 6MT). 6MT is so smooth. Car drives like new. Interior looks like new minus some surface scratches on the climate control screen and some minor drivers side bolster wear. Don't think back seats were ever used.

Cosmetically - some of the driver's side bumper was painted. They did a nice job painting (matches great even in direct sunlight with the metallic flakes) but you can see some tape residue and overspray on the bottom of the headlight. Mechanics best guess is that previous owner nicked a parking divider and scratched it up. Found some yellow residue on the bottom with a deep scrape but that could also be from normal driving with low clearance. No evidence of them removing the bumper / hood or replacing any parts based on the tape lines and overspray on underside of headlight. Panel gaps line up perfect. Some rock chips from highway but to be expected with a used car. If I want it perfect I can remove the whole bumper and have painted by a reputable shop and fix all the scrapes, chips, etc. We'll see.

I'm surprised it made its way on the carfax. Shop must have reported it. If it wasn't reported I think I'd still notice because I'm OCD with my cars but if you don't know what you're looking for I doubt it. Especially from more than a foot away.

Car is staying with me and I can't wait to put a ton of miles on it. This one might stay around until the wheels fall off which hopefully won't be for a long time. Vroom overall was a positive experience. Easy to work with and staff is so friendly but their communication is less than adequate. Going radio silent after putting a decent amount of money down without giving a delivery date doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Once I had a date (money wired Thurs, received a date on Tues) it was smooth again.

So pumped!
Nice! I pick mine up tomorrow. Had CarMax ship it from Ohio. Can't wait to run it.
Appreciate 0