View Single Post
      10-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #138
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
Just a question; You remain sceptical about the info that claims 89,6mm bore and 80mm stroke?
Yep.

Quote:
However I believe that the reasoning might be twofold (and this is just my private thoughts):
Those are possibilities, yes. There are many others that have been presented in this thread as well. But so far, while there are many good ideas, nothing I've heard has been "truly compelling" as I put it in my last post.

How about this one for fun :

Suppose BMW is going back to the I6 for their top-tier engines (excl. V12). They will soon phase out the V8 family entirely and replace them all with big bore I6's. In other words, its a return to the days of the big-six/little-six, before the M60 V8 came onto the scene. Now do I believe that? No, not seriously. But it would be the sort of move that, in my mind, would need to be afoot to really justify a brand new I6 engine architecture. The thing is, the chances of the kick-off engine in such a lineup a) being just 3L and b) debuting in an M car, in my mind are approaching zero. Kind of neat to ponder though.
Appreciate 0