View Single Post
      04-12-2021, 10:12 AM   #2
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu Saffa View Post
I am looking for some direction on where to go/what to do for tire/wheel set up.

My goal was to replace my PSS with cup 2's after this past weekend at COTA, but I just learned that PS Cup 2's are being discontinued, and not sure when or what they will be replaced with. I have the 666m's, so track tires that fit that wheel are really far and few between (would have had to already go off ratio to fit Cup 2's on the 20's).

So it seems that I am going to have to buy wheels and tires. Assuming 18's would be best for track use. I believe they fit over stock (comp) rotors. Really did not intend to break the bank here (as I only wanted to put the Cup 2's on and call it a day) and only do about 6 - 8 track days a year.

Car is bone stock (other than upgraded pads/fluid). Any direction would be appreciated. Square setup vs staggered, wheel diameter/width, tire choice (knowing that Cup 2's are gone). Would consider second hand stock M3/4 18" wheels, but pretty difficult to source locally or get a buyer willing to ship + I would like to go wider than the stock wheel.

Next day is Harris Hill in May, so would like to be dialed in by then.

Appreciate the feedabck.
Hello

There is no way the Cup2 is being discontinued altogether without being superceded with a Cup2+, a Cup3 etc or another functionally similar tire.
Tirerack shows this
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...SortCode=60100

I think you have a good option and should stay with the stock wheel setup for 6-8 days a year. Going off ratio is perfectly fine if you run with dsc off.

Anyway, if you want a second set of wheels, definitely get 18" if you do not have ceramics. OEMs would be fine, but at this point if you're going through the effort of having two sets of wheels you might as well benefit from more dedicated track wheels that are wider.

I have 5 sets of the Bimmerworld TA5R in 10.5 square et 36. Fits great in the rear, uses a 12mm spacer up front and allows you to rotate wheels and tires.
There are many wheel options, Titan forged ones are also great.

You will eventually want camber plates once you start chewing up the edges.

In 18" there are infinite options in 275/35 which fits great.
Appreciate 2