04-13-2021, 09:51 AM   #89
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
WTH - why would you need an inspection to buy out the car. That's just cray cray!
My thoughts exactly. I sent a note in to BMWFS and here was their response (basically, we can't help it if some dealers are scumbags that want to use the opportunity to sell you more shit). I did call in to BMWFS previously and they told me if I wanted to finance through BMW it had to go through a dealer (some rule specific to FL). But I should be able to just send a check and avoid the dealer.

Thank you for contacting BMW Financial Services. We sincerely apologize for any confusion we may have caused regarding the purchase of your leased vehicle.

Please note, all automobile dealerships are independently owned and operated businesses, and that autonomy affords them the ability to sell third party protection policies, warranties, service plans, etc. As a captive finance company, BMW Financial Services cannot comment or speculate on the products or services sold by your independently owned and operated BMW Center.

If you wish to purchase the vehicle directly from BMW Financial Services, please contact us via telephone at (800) 959-4269. When you call, please be sure to have your current vehicle mileage with you. A representative would be delighted to provide you with a payoff quote or refinance quote and assist with submitting a credit application.

We hope this response has fully addressed your inquiry. If you have further questions, please respond to this message or contact us at (800) 959-4269, Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. ET, and Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET.