07-28-2020, 09:55 AM   #8
AD18
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Azurite Black E92 335i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinear View Post
To chip in with my 10 peneth, I had an early 335i e92 and it did steer much sweeter than my current F82 Comp. From my ownership of the current F82 (non modified) the suspension is more than adequate for daily commuting.
No rattles and squeaks experienced. Owned for 2 years now.
DCT can occasionally be jerky if you are really going slow eg in a car park looking for a space or also if you accelerate quickly then lift off.
More importantly I would not go back to a E92 as the F82 is head shoulders a better car. Its definitely better looking, interiors nicer, ICE much better. I love mine. I’d definitely recommend taking the plunge. Some good bargains to be had currently due to run out.
Excellent, I was hoping someone here had made the same jump. On the steering front is it feel and feedback that is lacking?
I like the exterior and interior design a lot so it sounds, despite the above, overall it is a far better car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheMan83 View Post
I recently picked up a pre-reg 69 Plate non comp M4 and coming from an 2015 M135i.

I've found the M4 so much more comfortable and i was expecting it to harsh and extreme all the time but it really can be a comfy cruiser as well as a beast. Plus is feels so planted at speed feels, secure and in control.

Power delivery feels good and not spikey to me.

DCT can very rarely be jerky if you are in sport in car park say but that is rare. I'm still getting use to it though coming from a manual it being my first auto/DCT.

All I can say, is that the M4 is epic!! It is my first M Car also and I've always wanted one since I was a kid. It doesn't disappoint.
Good to hear regarding the ride. I had the intention of possibly using it as a daily driver. I'm all for the stiff ride when it counts but not all the time, if its possible to dial away the harshness in one of the modes then that makes it good for different situations.
DCT sounds like it may be improved from E92 gen as in stop/start traffic mine does tend to jerk at times, though it's sporadic.
Happy with the sound of the exhaust coming from the M135i?
Appreciate 0