View Single Post
      11-28-2021, 05:10 PM   #9
TrackEnthusiast
Private
Rep
Drives: 125i 2014

So, the MLaptimer is a really cool app, specially if you consider that the car sensors (but the GPS) are very good quality. Recently, I've put together some code that allows to use the app data along with a GoPro video. Even more, if you use a GoPro with GPS and set it up right to get a good quality GPS track, the code will parse the MLaptimer low res GPS track with the high res GPS track from the camera, sync everything together, and output a csv file for rendering videos with Dashware or RaceRender. Even better, it also outputs a .vbo file, which can be used in CT to analyze the driving, with pretty much the same quality (depends on how good you set the GoPro) you would get with a vbox video. Check the results below and pm me if interested.

One interesting thing about the app data is that the accelerometers are not from the smartphone, the cars has its owns sensors (in the ICM or ACM module, don't know for sure) and they are very accurate, if you look carefully to the G graph you can see the weight transfer from front to rear when hitting the gas in the bends.

But even cooler than rendering videos is using CT to analyze the driving. After every track day I keep comparing laps and finding a handfull of driving errors. Usually, my potential best lap is around .8 s faster than the acctual faster lap.

Appreciate 1
TideMD291.50