Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
+1

Things I hate:
Regular automatics
AWD
Electric power steering
Turbo engines

Then I drive the F90 Comp hard back to back with the DCT M3 and the auto shifts really well and the AWD seems to only do good things and not piss me off

I dislike the overall direction of M from a theoretical perspective, but then heavily track the current generation and it's everything I could ask for. They are still getting the basics right, consistently

On paper the C8 is wonderful, but the previous Z06 was also wonderful and it turned out to be a steaming turd for track use because they screwed up on the cooling. I hope the C8 Z06 will fix this but I'm not confident.
Agreed. They've taken an unattractive formula and worked some magic, will give them that. Drove the F90 back to back with my GTS on track. Thing puts power down exiting corners like nobody's business. Turn in still excellent, zero Audi-ness. No downsides that I could sense. Easily the best M5 I've ever tracked (E39, E60), better turn in stock than my E90 without question. If the GTS were similarly equipped w/ awd, probably a 1-2 second/lap gain. G80 with m xdrive (let alone CSL) will be a rocketship on track and a different experience from the F8X. I hope the site is wrong about the design, I'd probably have one.

Look forward to seeing the C8 at the track next year, getting feedback. They did fix the cooling with the ZL1. That thing can go for days on track in stock form, including brakes. pretty nuts considering the weight and speeds.

Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11490.00