View Single Post
      07-24-2019, 10:11 AM   #99
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

I really hope GM has spent the time to make sure this thing will be fairly reliable and the QC is up to par in the construction. Also that the dealers are educated properly on how to service it. Not to mention if you do have a major issue GM corporate isn't a pain in the ass to deal with.

I say the following as an owner of two previous GT350s (one that should have been/effectively was lemoned). Ford knocked it outta the park with the design of that car and fun factor/price for performance etc.

Unfortunately their implementation and corporate culture is/was extremely terrible when it comes to customer service. Also a lot of their dealers were extremely undertrained when it came to servicing the car. Examples are that most splitters on the GT350s are not installed correctly/missing fasteners etc. This has lead to many of them coming off. Also many dealers didn't know the difference between the 5.0 coyote and 5.2 Voodoo leading to many incorrect oil changes and misordered parts for warranty fixes. I'm sure you can figure out what a pain in the ass this could be. Also their corporate CS/culture really sucked. It took over two months and thirty plus phone calls from myself and my dealer to get my engine replaced after it passed all of Ford's protocols for replacement due to extremely high oil consumption. Then add up shoddy build quality which included misaligned panels, hole under my rear window leading to leaks and poor paint quality. Also a few other reliability issues.

The reason I bring this up is because it is a pretty radical design for GM to undertake. They also don't have a great track history with the previous known engine issues and cooling of said engine on some models. I've read and heard plenty of the runaround from GM customer service as well. So if I was to be in the market for this car, I might wait awhile and see how it works out for the early adopters. Otherwise you may see some extended time in a Cruze loaner. I was given a Fiesta from Ford and took it back after two days and drove my F150 instead.

Any way, not to be a Debbie Downer, but something things to think about. It does look like GM nailed this one. I just hope they completely nailed it.

Last edited by minn19; 07-24-2019 at 10:28 AM..
Appreciate 5
SYT_Shadow11490.00
FormulaMMM3662.50
Fuller1216.50
boostm3683.00
AlterZgo1537.50