PK1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster84 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK1 View Post
Yeah it's insane at the moment. The lease on my 8K miles F80 ZCP 6MT is up in Sept, and I've been surprised to see current street prices compared to my residual value.

The dealer kept leaving me voicemails asking me to consider trading for a new car. I eventually called the sales guys back and listened to his pitch. When he was done I said: yeah, but have you looked at the snout of the new M3? His response: "I know, I know, you're not the first one!"

I told him I was just having fun and not ready to make a move. He said they're looking for used cars and would make a good offer if I changed my mind.
Since you know your residual cost on the car and what the buyback price is, I’d go to another dealer and ask them what they would buy it for out of curiosity because I bet you can get more for it buy simply buying out your lease and trading it in (if that’s what you want to do)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Good explanation thanks! Congrats on the awesome new car as well!
Haha no problem. I only understand it because I recently went through this when I got my car. I’m really surprised at the used market right now, it’s crazy to see the prices of bmws so high. Even basic e90s went up by a lot and surprised me when I browsed them out of curiosity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suds View Post
Very interesting, I have a Z06 to sell. I will see how it goes.
Don’t forget to get a quote from Carmax and carava since they always paid more than typical dealers and I get the feeling they still do. Plus it can be used as a bargaing tool to say carmax offered this, if you want my car it’ll be blah blah blah. This is probably the first time in a long time where car owners have the upper hand.
Not ready to trade as I haven't yet decided what my next car will be. There aren't too many options out there for a sports sedan with a manual transmission. I can't use a Porsche as a daily, I need something more practical. This leaves the options of buying my F80 at the end of the lease or getting a G80.

I'll have a number of months to decide.
Appreciate 1
TopJimmy5454.00