07-18-2019, 12:18 PM   #30
Absurdium
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F82 TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
In bold is what I keep saying and it doesn't compute for spec sheet nerds: all these cars are similar enough to be well within reach of driver skill.

And on our point of disagreement: I've found the f8x (including the GTS) to be as much of a pussycat as the e9x and e46 were before it, the difference is every time more driver skill is required to extract the performance from the car... because you're going faster and faster, of course!
Fair point. I will say though, that the F8X drives much better than the E92 I had before. The e92 stock felt like the chassis always lagged a bit after your input and really didn't like quick transitions. After driving my buddy's cayman though, the M4 does feel a bit clumsy on slower tracks which made it feel harder to extract. However as you can see from the video, there's a lot more time left on the table so I'm excited to break into the 1:31-1:32 here, which is pretty impressive all things considered for a large car. (For reference, 991.1 GT3 run about 1:29 here with a decent driver)
Appreciate 2
SYT_Shadow11475.50
minn1914021.00