02-04-2024, 05:22 AM   #860
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeekXX View Post
Hi, new to the forum. I took my BMW 330e 2017 F30 into BMW as the amplifier had blown, as there was no sound from the stereo. They fixed it as I have the extended BMW warranty. However, they reset everything, and CarPlay was removed, they informed it was retrofitted, so I have to get it done privately, and they will refund the money..... a little bizarre if you ask me.

So I've been searching the internet and decided to purchase the code from Bimmer-remote. I purchased the ENET cable, and I have a few Windows laptops for me to do the work. However, after trying different versions of the Feature Installer software, 3 different laptops, 4 different internet connections, and resetting the stereo by pressing the power button for 30 seconds...... nothing works.

The software connects to the car, I enter the code that was provided, it connects the cloud server, but then get the message "Failed to read from the head unit".... see attached

I have ID5 system and the version is NBTevo_Y

Support hasn't really been great, they told me to try another ENET cable.

Can this be done using a USB stick or an alternative method?

Can anyone help me, please?

Teek
Hey, actually, trying to resolve your issue for the past few days - nothing else other than trying other ENET will not help. USB isn’t an option.
As we spoke your PC doesn’t communicate correctly with headunit (ping of the headunit IP does not work).
Appreciate 0