View Single Post
      05-19-2016, 12:28 PM   #1
s4play
Car Tuning Geek
United_States
Rep
Drives: too many rides....

Lightbulb My Dakar Yellow M3 6MT Build aka "DADS BUS"

I want to start this post as saying I'm very fortunate to have been in the M3 community for many many years and have learned a lot from this forum and the members here.

Nowadays Bimmerfest is a huge crazy event but back in early 2002, some of you may rememberer it was still held at Cutter Motors BMW and this was when I attended my first Bimmerfest and my black e46 m3 took top honors

Back in college, I had a chance to race a e30 and e36 m3 on the track. This was a long time ago for many of you (imagine a world with no iPhone or Facebook) That really started my interest in the M-cars and since then I've had the privilege of having a e46 m3 and e90 m3.

Sadly the e90 M3 was the only car with some disappointment. The car had no serious fault but I absolutely disliked the DCT tranny. It felt like the car had a mind of it's own and I never was in full control. I think this was a big culprit for me and thus I sold the car after only 1 year of ownership.

Fast forward to 2015 with a family and 2 kids. Due to my wife's work schedule, I almost always have the kids with me thus it was crucial to have a fun "dad's toy" that was kid friendly. I see many builds on this forum are destined for the track or show which is great but my build will be focused on a quality show car that also serves as as family car. On the days I don't want to drive our Denali, this car will serve as the weekend "fun" car. Most of my 2-seaters are rendered 99% useless unless I only have one kid with me which is rare.

Anyways, I wanted to get back into a yellow car as my wife says we have too many white cars already. My last s2000 was yellow and so I decided to order an Individual Dakar yellow M3. It's always been one of my favorite colors after seeing it on the e36 m3. Trying to start with a minimalist approach so the car is essentially a "stripper" with only 3 options. I wanted the competition package and I opted for the LED headlights and the rear power windscreen so I can have the manual shades for the rear windows. Otherwise the car has the base carbon roof and a 6MT transmission. I was not going to make the same mistake I did with the e90 as I really dislike paddle shift cars. Originally I wanted to go with the green color but my wife talked me out of it.

My old e46 m3 (this is the one I regret selling)

My e90 m3 with her siblings:

You can see we love white cars:

My current build is a week 26 delivery so patiently waiting:

4's a crowd!

UPDATE 9/2/16: Car has arrived at dealership finally so should be delivered after Labor Day ~ woohoo!
*Love to be on top!

Deliver prep:

Stay tuned as I receive more parts in preparation for the car!

thanks for reading my wordy post
15 Ferrari 458 Spider

Last edited by s4play; 02-01-2017 at 12:05 PM.. Reason: Updated car delivery photo
Appreciate 10
larryn2145.50
Jeffe199.50
amw896582.50
herbreal315.00
theoluv21.00