Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Maybe you missed the the other 5 threads where I kept braying that I don't care if it's an M car or not but I'll reiterate; unlike you, I judge a machine based on its own merits, not what badge is on the back or what marketing strategy the manufacturer is pushing.

I wasn't trying to steal your [COLOR="DarkRed"]M[/COLOR] sunshine, just stating that fact that regular BMW comes with an LSD standard now, takes away the whole appeal of an official M car, IMHO. That was my point. The end.

I wasn't trying to steal your M sunshine.
Why did you exclude my entire explanation about how the M340i doesn't have the unique suspension geometry and unique sheet metal that usually differentiates an M car? Because then you couldn't make it seem like I'm being swayed by marketing and only you "judge a machine based on its own merits". The jump from the 330i sport to the M340i is basically just the engine. The jump from the M340i to the M3 is suspension, all body panels, interior. You don't think there's a much bigger jump between M340i and M3? I think the only ones who think the M340i is an M car are the ones that only care about straight line speed. Again, it's a great car but I don't consider it in the same league as the m3. Please don't edit my replies again to make it seem like I said something different.
Relax, I copy and pasted exactly what you said, I wasn't trying to hide your post. What's the point when anyone can go back to it.

You kept implying M cars are so great, why? It's just a machine with parts working in unison.

So tell me, what now makes an M car so superior beside the bragging rights?
Appreciate 0