wheela
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X1 35i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORAGRETS View Post
Nope
It looks from the header in your picture that you're looking at codes, that's not where you'll find the option for different coils. Sorry, did you mention what platform you tune with? On my MHD app, the coil options are flash-time options, so you can't see they unless you go to flash. I can't say for sure your issues are solely because you're not selecting the b58 coils option, but if you're running them, you defintaley want to check this option. Coils take a certain dwell time to saturate, and this time changes based on voltage. These properties are different for different coils. There is a table in the DME that defines these dwell times, checking the b58 coils option when you flash will update this table. If you don't, your coils will still fire the plugs, but they won't be operating as intended.

That said, there is another potential issue. Shortly after Nexsys launched their kits, some people noticed some physical differences with some B58 coils which preventing the springs from properly contacting the plug. I haven't followed the b58 coils to know where that landed, but I know Nexsys started sending different springs out to people who had these different b58 coils. Google b58 coils nexsys n54 and go to the spxxlstrxxt link that you'll find for some good reading on this. You'll find details about the dwell parameters, and also that spring issue.
Appreciate 2
NORAGRETS459.50
ra2289308.50