01-23-2015, 10:37 AM   #70
rmedeir1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW MW M4 - MPE, CCBs, all CF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post
I posted this in another thread, but it bears repeating:

The reason you all are getting poor sound is that you are playing from a poor source. Bluetooth just doesn't have the bandwidth to pass good quality music files. MP3s at 320 kbps or FLAC files is what you want. If you are playing MP3 at 128 kbps, or even 192 or 256, then yeah, you are going to get poor sound. It's far too compressed. And the Bluetooth transfer protocol is compressing it even further.

Go get FLAC files, or if those aren't available, at least 320 KBPS MP3s (still compressed too much IMO), and transfer them to the hard drive on the M, and then play them from there. You'll find out you don't need to do fancy tricks with the EQ to get them to sound decent.

next step after that, of course, if upgrading the speakers (Bavsound Stage 1 is highly recommended) and then, if you need more bass, get one of the musciarnw.com add-a-subs.

But first, at least get a decent quality sound source. Not Bluetooth transfer

I have done the comparison of usb vs. Bluetooth on flac. The sound quality perception is negligible. However...audio is a very subjective topic. If usb sounds better for you then go for it. This is my personal opinion.
Appreciate 0