CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
Ok, that's actually a plausible interpretation that hadn't occurred to me. I still remember reading fine print about Ultimate Service somewhere that excluded wear they deemed excessive, and there are plenty of posts here of people who got denied another set of brake pads because they'd already gotten more than BMW considered reasonable. I just apparently haven't found the right documentation.
I think their bail out clause is the one that refers to "Exclusions from coverage... ...wear and tear or deterioration due to driving habits or conditions".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
I'm not arguing that HPDEs could be construed as "competitive motorsports". I'm just pointing out that in the warranty coverage, the wording makes it unclear whether they're excluding only competitive motorsports or any driving on a race track. They claim that race track usage results in a higher rate of wear, then mention that the M3 isn't designed for competitive motorsports (not the same thing), then say that "this wear is not covered by the warranty". So what does the "this wear" refer to? The increased wear they mentioned was the type of wear incurred from (general) race track usage, but the sentence immediately prior pertained only to competitive motorsports, and made no specific mention of wear rates. So it's a bit ambiguous.
You are right, the text is unclear and ambiguous in this respect.

Last edited by CanAutM3; 04-13-2014 at 01:10 PM..
Appreciate 0