GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by metomwhou View Post
The way its been told to me by the "local lawyers" is that you can run summer tires all year round. However, if you are involved in an accident, no matter if it was your fault (i know, this sounds dumb) or not, you will be considered at fault.

I just purchased my car here in Germany and they didnt have to put winter tires on it, hence why I bought FlyingLow78's!! I did have to sign an acknowledgment that the car was being sold with summer tires.
Germany
Winter tires are compulsory in Bavaria when driving in wintry conditions and a small fine will be levied for a first offence. If, however, the free flow of traffic has been affected due to a car not being equipped with Winter tires then the fine is doubled and the driver's license will incur a penalty point. In the event of a car fitted with Summer tires being responsible for a road accident then the fine will be further increased and 3 penalty points attributed to the license. The lack of Winter tires in such a situation will usually be judged as a significant factor in judging which driver is at fault in a traffic incident or road accident. The user of a vehicle without Winter tires may well find the motor insurance to be invalidated.
Appreciate 0