05-25-2019, 05:18 PM   #23
OhioRiderAaron
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
I'm not saying you're wrong for using OEM. Everyone brakes differently. If OEM works for you then keep using it but it's pretty ridiculous for you to say that OEM fluid works just fine when clearly it doesn't work for me, anyone else I go to the track with, and apparently most of the people who post here. I'm sure stock pads and tires are good enough for some people too. That doesn't make it ridiculous to use a race pads and r-compounds does it?

How does comparing rated temperatures not mean much when we're specifically talking about boiling points of fluids? After multiple cycles of heat transfer between the rotors, pads, calipers and fluids, your brake fluid temps are bound to start converging just below your rotor temps.
What I meant was that we dont necessarily know the actual temperature of the fluid in the caliper itself. Again I don't wanna argue since I'm not an expert in the topic; I can only speak from my hands on experience at multiple tracks around the Midwest. Just wondering what failure mode did you experience to make you think the OE fluid was NG?

OP I recommend running with NASA, PCA, BMWCCA, or the more exclusive groups like ChinTrackDays or 1010ths.

ZCP - Daily Driven Trackster ~ Gone but not Forgotten
1LE - Track Rubber & Garage Dust Collector
Appreciate 0