OhioRiderAaron
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post

Right?!

Otherwise I'd just stick to iracing and other video games instead of camping out in the paddock all weekend

EDIT: @ohioRiderAaron and @SVT_Shadow, aren't both of you using 100tw tires and driving hard enough to turn the blue calipers green? Truly, one brake fluid change per year is working for you guys? How many track hours is that in between changes. thanks for the perspective
One fluid change per year, never had an issue with fluid whether Motul or OE. Sorry I don't have a log of track hours; multiple events (Watkins/Pitt/NCM), running "instructor" pace for most sessions. Honestly I'd bet you could over a year of use out of it without issues, but I prefer to have everything fresh at the beginning of the track season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
It's actually the opposite. Maximizing braking deceleration is where the least time can be gained. Think about what is the proportionate amount of time you spend braking over the course of an entire lap, it is pretty minimal.

In fact, I'd say most novice and intermediate can gain way more time by braking LESS and increase cornering speeds.
Novice and immediate should work on carrying more speed in the tighter section areas first then work up the speed in the high V-max areas. Eventually every area of the track matters tho . My experience is I always leave a few tenths out there if I dont get those extra few mph on the back/front straights.

ZCP - Daily Driven Trackster ~ Gone but not Forgotten
1LE - Track Rubber & Garage Dust Collector
Appreciate 0