Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCX5 View Post
Despite all that craziness a state that has managed to create an economy the size of Germany with half the population. Amazing what failure looks like. Right?

From what I can tell, fast growing regions like Austin, TX are more similar to CA in their local policies than their more 'traditional' state brethren areas…
Not sure what an economy has to do with a nanny state that regulates private life more than any other state in the union. Is smog checking ECU tunes supposed to prop up the economy? Out of respect for the OP, I'll leave it there.
A system works as a whole. Everything is connected. Some people care about climate, others don't. The least regulated states are also the poorest and have the lowest quality of life. So one needs to see the system as a whole. It is easy to just pick apart things in isolation. Plus, the regulation does not target tuning itself, it is looking at reducing pollution.

Also, I see a lot of people looking down on CA, the fact is that CA is one of the most successful by most measures. That is just a fact. Loved your road trip though…

Ah and the 'most American' cars (Model 3 and Y) are also made in CA. FWIW. As is the most valuable car company in the world….founded and built in CA. Bringing all this up since many here are in awe of Germany, but CA is just as impressive, if not more so. 😉
Appreciate 8
chris7197331.50
POBEP361.00
540iSUP703.00
Xi-Xi37.00