View Single Post
      08-28-2019, 06:21 PM   #6
dvas
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 - Mineral Gray, 6spd

Ouch, 5 heat cycles. Assuming that means 5 individual sessions on track before they start diminishing. That's essentially one track day.

I run about negative 3.2 degrees of camber up front and could dial in more, as necessary, so that's not an issue. But having a tire last at it's peak just over 1 day and then only last a few more days before the grip is gone is a no-go.

I've only gotten about 4 - 5 days out of the RE71s before they were toast (even wear but no tread left and no grip left). Might have to go back to the NT01s as they just got better to the cords and lasted me a full season of 10+ days. Also, seems as though the consensus is that NT01s offer more grip and longevity than the Toyos.

I think I'm looking for a unicorn that has the grip of RE71s (or better) but is as consistent and with the longevity of the NT01.

Also, that graph is fantastic and seems so true.

Edit: I mis-understood regarding the Toyos. I thought you were referring to the R888R but on second look, you were referring to the slicks, RR. That's a good option to explore if it can last a little longer...

Last edited by dvas; 08-28-2019 at 06:30 PM..
Appreciate 1
NYG10624.50