mdss6
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 (ZCP M-DCT) on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
These mpg stats are always bullshit. Will you be putting around in 7th gear going 35 mph? Its bs. I beg i would get 17 mpg at best vs 14mpg in s65.
Yes, everyone should adapt their expectations to how they will use this car - any car. I've gotten poor mileage in my myriad cars on the track, around town and when driven to max speed. Usually the low end of EPA numbers for the city driving, and lower still for the other work.

When I've ventured out on the interstates, autoroutes and autobahns I've found thousands of other drivers out there, driving many miles in the 70-90 mph / 130 kph range. Many if not the vast majority report getting the EPA highway numbers. My E46 M3 and C5 Corvette did a few better, my Porsches have not and neither did my 540iT.

But always BS? For you personally apparently, though I would be a little surprised your results don't match those predicted for your use profile? Perhaps not. But the range is real and achievable for most. Many people are going to take their new M3/M4s on highway trips, and I confidently predict the vast majority will get closer to whatever the EPA highway number turns out to be than to 17.
Appreciate 0