Private
Thailand
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Hidden Gems in Thailand

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hello from Bangkok,

It’s my first post here. I would like to share with you my interesting Sunday at the first #bimmerrace – a cool name for a first-ever track day for bimmers. BMW communities in Thailand has been on its rise in the past couple of years from the classics to the ///M’s. #bimmerrace is practically a spin off from the successful #bimmermeet – an annual gathering of BMW fans that gained popularity here.

The #bimmerrace took place at the Bira Circuit – an old race track from 1980s named after the prince of Siam who raced F1 in the early days. It is just 150km east of Bangkok, easy Sunday drive out took just an hour and a half.

It was quite a surprise to see a mix of cars from the classic 2002 to the futuristic i8 running on the same track. The scene reminded me of the 100-year celebration TVC from BMW. A total of nearly a hundred cars signed up for the day.
Despite the alternate weather between sunshine and slight rain, everyone was joyful and happy to let loose their cars on track with professionally organized into groupings such that the track day junkies were in the same batches, while the rookies – including me – were happy running about in the same groups around the nice 2.4km track with some challenging up and downhill turns.

Here are some selected pictures of the day
Attached Images

Appreciate 12
clee1982796.00
NickyC17350.50
bobowar1353479.00
GenXer1351.00
Fritzer942.50
Fakemike368.50
mat9145.50
eggman51198.50