01-13-2021, 01:26 PM   #19
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeM3 View Post
It's actually completely true. Starting summer 2020 what happens now is when they plug your car in the computer checks the CAL ID and CVN and cross references it to make sure it's the same as the stock figures. When you have a tune on your car it changes those figures. From my understanding you won't fail the smog test YET if you come in with a tune BUT you get immediately flagged and your next smog test you will have to go to the state ref. I believe there was a thread on this forum about someone going through this experience. There's good info on the GTR forums about this because they're getting absolutely fucked right now since those cars are targeted by the state.

Basically if someone can figure out how to change the CAL ID and CVN numbers to show stock figures while tuned they'll make a shit ton of money
Shoot! If you flash back to stock, will the CAL ID and CVN numbers show stock figures? Im only on a BM3 CS tune, but I'd rather not risk it.

Also, you think if I just edit my stock tune, those numbers will show stock figures? I just mainly want GTS roar and cold start delete.
Appreciate 0