View Single Post
      12-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #300
Propagator
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i LMB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaeron View Post
I have sat in a Ford lately and if you were honest you would not be spouting stupid shit like this. What does current 3 series mean? The current 3 series interior is better than the E90 (isn't hard the E90 interior was garbage). The Fords have cheap plastic and leather... VERY CHEAP LEATHER. Ford Leather isn't dyed. They use a thin strip of leather and then "Paint" the color on with a thin coat of accrylic like paint. Yes the interiors now are light years ahead of old fords but to say they are close to a BMW interior... What ever integrity you have was voided.
You do understand that Dakota leather in normal 3 series, like the one you have, is also "painted/coated" with polyurethane, right? Unless you have the M3 Napa leather, you cannot get "dyed" leather in a 3 series. You can still argue that BMW coated leather is better than Ford coated leather, which is possible, but if you were thinking you were sitting on semi aniline leather in your 328i, then well, you probably shouldn't be commenting on leather quality to begin with.
Appreciate 0